Author Topic: How to add a Breed File  (Read 2177 times)

Kai

• Administrator
How to add a Breed File
« on: November 20, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
Post subject

Breed - Creator - Version

e.g.

Dalmatian - PFMagic - V1

All files should have a version after them, so if the hexer has not provided one it is V1.

Post contents

Code: [Select]
[table]
[tr][td][b]File Name[/b][/td][td]
FILENAME
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Offset[/b][/td][td]
OFFSET
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Base[/b][/td][td]
BASE
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]SCP[/b][/td][td]
SCP
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Notes[/b][/td][td]
NOTES
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Accepted[/b][/td][td]
DATE
[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Note that if there are multiple filenames, these should be listed in the filename cell, separated by commas.

Attachments

Required attachments for each breed file are:

• Posing photo of file
  • Unibreed .cat/.dog file AND/OR 3 .zip files for each of P3, P4 and P5

When attaching files a unibreed can simply be attached in its original .cat or .dog format. If multiple files of the same name need to be attached, use compression. For example, if I were to attach the PFM Siamese breed file as a unibreed I would attach it simply as Siamese.cat. However if I were attaching P3, P4 and P5 versions of the breed, I would attached SiameseP3.zip, SiameseP4.zip and SiameseP5.zip.

In a nutshell, if you need to provide some information (e.g. game version, or fur length/colour variation), or textures with a breed, zip it and use the zip filename to convey this info to the person downloading the file. If you have no extra info to give to the person downloading the file (i.e. 'plug and play'; they can simply download the file and it will work as intended) you can upload it without compressing it. Try not to change the .cat or .dog name from what it should be, e.g. don't upload SiameseP4.cat and expect someone to know they need to rename that file Siamese.cat for it to work.

Textures

Please zip any textures required to run your files and attach them to the post also.

Additional information or pictures

Any additional info (e.g. puppy photos, movement photos, specific colour variations judges and registrars should be aware of) should be added as replies to the post and NOT to the main post.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:28:44 PM by Jinja »